April 5, 1924: Parishioners of Sacred Heart Parish, Roslindale and Saint Theresa of Avila Parish, West Roxbury petition Willliam Cardinal O'Connell--Archbishop of Boston--requesting the establishment of a new parish.
June 27, 1927: Cardinal O'Connell notifies Reverend William P. McNamara of his intention to establish a new parish and appoint him as the founding pastor.
July 4, 1927: Cardinal O'Connell gives his permission for the creation of the new parish, taking territory from Sacred Heart and Saint Theresa of Avila Parishes.
July 7, 1927: Cardinal O'Connell approves the name of Holy Name Parish.
July 15, 1927: Father McNamara purchases the John Rooney Estate on the corner of Centre Street and West Roxbury Parkway for $4000.00.
April 12, 1929: Ground is broken for the Lower Church by Quincy-based firm Edward T. P. Graham, which bid the project for $62,5500.00.
June 1, 1930: Cardinal O'Connell blesses the Lower Church and lays the cornerstone.
July 27, 1932: Reverend Edward F. Ryan, DD begins his term as second pastor of Holy Name Parish following the sudden death of Father McNamara.
Fall 1937: Graham Architecture begins construction of the Upper Church.
March 1939: The Upper Church is completed.
March 12, 1939: Masses are held in the Upper Church for the first time.
January 31, 1945: Reverend Monsignor Charles Alphonsus Finn is appointed the third pastor of Holy Name Parish by Richard Cardinal Cushing following the appointment of Father Finn as Bishop of Burlington, VT.
July 26, 1953: Cardinal Cushing presides over the laying of the cornerstone for the new Holy Name Parish School and Convent. Classed began on September 10.
January 10, 1968: Reverend Monsignor Peter J. McDonough becomes fourth pastor of Holy Name Parish.
July 24, 1973: Rev. Kenneth B. Murphy is named the fifth pastor of Holy Name Parish.
July 4, 1977: Holy Name Parish celebrates its 50th anniversary.